Ad data retrieval

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Unwarranted Fame: The Disease That Cures Itself

Over the last few years, I've spent more time than I care to admit ripping on Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. The pair of intellectual tits just grated on me, with their obsession with fame and outward arrogance and all. Throw in the displays of absolute financial stupidity and weird religious preaching and there's no way I was going to be a fan of Speidi, particularly the hairier member of the duo.

So now, these two are broke. And it's no publicity stunt- they have squandered millions and millions of dollars of mainly Heidi's money and are living at the home of Spenny's parents. Heidi and Spencer made huge coin off of staged paparazzi shoots, club appearances, and reality show bullshit and wasted it on trying to turn Heidi into a pop tart and Spencer into her Svengali. They wined and dined at famous joints and Spenny owns a million dollars worth of clothes. Everything from Heidi's numerous surgeries to Spencer's constantly-replaced vehicles was crafted to try and gain more dollars from momentary fame.

The guy who is two and a half years apart from this statement: "If I were to beat up every homophobic racist loser who challenged me to a fight, I wouldn't have time to be the most famous person in the world." is for all intents and purposes penniless and homeless. I'd almost feel sorry for the ugly bastard if I didn't think he was shopping some ego-massaging pseudoreality crap somewhere. I mean, this is a dude who filed a divorce petition against his wife as a publicity stunt because he was afraid of losing fame.

Fame and the paychecks that accompany it are almost always fleeting and once the cash is gone, you have to start over again. I suggest Spenny become a roofer or bricklayer or something real for a living. I mean, he probably couldn't hack it, but you never know. Maybe he can film some reality show where he has to scuba-dive through raw sewage for $14 an hour like some dudes do. THAT would be far more entertaining than The Hills, to be sure.

Seriously though, Spenny might be crying about his stupidity, but he should look to the wife whom he screwed over. She took that 'for richer or poorer' shit seriously. Maybe he could learn a lesson about unconditional love and strength and all of those positive attributes from a woman far wiser than he is.

Who the fuck am I kidding? The scumbag would divorce his devoted wife if he thought he could make $10 off of it.

There are cool, talented, and awesomely hard-working gents who deserve all of life's finer things. Spencer Pratt ain't one of them.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a picture of her the other day from the first season of The Hills, and I couldn't help but just feel sad for her. She must really love that flesh-bearded fucker, I can say that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks kinda like a stylish Sevigny. Well, before the knife anywho. Yeah, she did do the 'for life' thing with him.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think