Ad data retrieval

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Song In My Head

This song came out when these men were young, but still absolutely men. The cast of this band is comprised of great players and the message here is clear. It's an oldie but a goodie and you should scoop it up on iTunes or your favourite *legal* media interface.

This song is by Good Charlotte and it has actually saved my life on more than one occasion. The first time I heard this track, I was hooked on painkillers provided by a housemate who had me selling pow for her. I did a lot of bad things when I came home from work, but still considered myself sober since I didn't drink and only sold drugs. Hidden beneath my thick skin was a haunted past that even a gram of Oxy and morphine couldn't fix. And I felt sad; unbelievably sad. My friends and their parents were killing themselves and I was powerless. And then a song to restore the sane.


Now, I'm more of a fan of the minds behind the songs than the genre, but this cannot be overlooked. It's one of the most life altering tunes from a vapid era, produced by a group of gents who never forget the think.


Enjoy this acoustic version and buy the real deal HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think