Ad data retrieval

Friday, January 28, 2011

Annoying Acronym Of The Week

  Jersey Shore is an unlikely moneymaker, people tuning in to Snooki's train wreck weekly from all over the globe. I noticed the impact about a year ago when at a club. There were all of these very non-Italian little dweebs trying to act like Pauly D and the boys. And I made fun of them to their faces. I tried to be as kind as possible, but they looked absolutely ridiculous. 

  In addition to the signature dickweed look is a language. I'll admit that I'm not always in the loop. Some terms are lost on me and acronyms are at the top of any list. So, anywho I'veheard this one : GTL.  I've heard it in bars and seen it on the Twitter. So I figured it might stand for something kinda rad like Got The Life or Guidos, Titties, and Laserbeams. Seriously, I had no idea. So I asked because I have no problem swallowing my pride. It stands for *drumroll* Gym, Tan, Laundry. 

  Gym. Tan. Laundry. Three words that are so powerful they're abbreviated and chanted by college kids. Well, I can see that some Jersey dudes do love the gym- heck, I'm a fan of going there myself. We can also tell that the tanning happens more often than normal by the fact that Snooki looks like melanoma with feet. But, laundry? The only way that you do laundry on a daily basis is if you have young children. I'm pretty sure the Jersey dudes own more than 2 pairs of socks, or at least hope. What is so fabulous about washing the puke off your shirt? Maybe J-Woww sits on the Maytag during spin. 

  If your teenager starts buying Tide it's time to remove their TV privileges. This is not normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think