Ad data retrieval

Friday, August 20, 2010

Look What I Found

  I absolutely LOVE looking at the array of strange treasure that my mother has amassed over the past few years, and here is the latest.


  Yes. That is an itty bitty functioning pair of slip-joint pliers with a lighter for comparison. They measure around 5 inches long and are quite old, as you can plainly see. They look like Channel-Locks for leprechauns.

  The only things I know about this very cool tool is that it was made after 1922 and before 1936 and may have been used as a radio battery wrench, but I could be wrong. They were manufactured by Indestro in Chicago and are mark No. 3411 and were likely sold at Sears Roebuck.

  I'm wondering if anyone has any information to add about this really cool piece of Americana, I'd love it if you dropped me a line. I really want to know the story behind one of the smallest tools I've ever seen.

Happy trails.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think