Ad data retrieval

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gimme

  I don't get the chance to play a ton of video games, but when I do it is usually sports or design related. And for the first time in years, there is a sports game that I covet.

  NHL 11 by EA Sports.

  The 20th anniversary edition is bigger and badder than any hockey game ever produced. For the first time, a physics-based engine will enter the realm of hockey gaming. Realistic features like broken sticks and choice of faceoffs and restricted free agency add to the overall experience, as do the inclusion of 7 pro leagues and every team in the CHL. Sweet. Throw in a beast of a soundtrack that includes Pantera, The Ramones, and Dropkick Murphys and you've got a game that is also a listening experience.

  All in all, NHL 11 proves to be not only a toy for jocks, but anyone who likes a boatload of action with their interactive entertainment.

  But don't take EA's word for it, nor mine from the 10 minutes I played this dandy in Future Shop,  but preeminent gamer Tyler Conium's. He claims that this game may be one of the most fun and exciting games ever created. And if that isn't an endorsement, I don't know what is.

  Come payday, I'm running to the shop for NHL 11 and a new video card. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think