Ad data retrieval

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Go Kings Go


  I watched the Kings-Canucks game tonight and was thrilled with the momentous victory that stunned Vancouverites.
  You see I am a long-suffering LA Kings fan. I ignored the presence of Gretzky during his time. My love for the Purple and Gold goes back to the days of Jimmy Fox, Dave Taylor and Rogie Vachon. But I WORSHIPPED a 5'8" ball of hate named Marcel Dionne. He was the last player to win the NHL scoring title before Gretz and Lemieux fought over it for a decade and a half. He quietly finished his career with 731 goals and 1771 points trailing only Gordie Howe who played 9 more full seasons than The Little Beaver .

  Dionne never got his cup but the house that he built might just see one. A fine example of character wears jersey number 11. Anze Kopitar was born into a country that would soon be divided by civil war and never really thought he'd play in the pros anywhere let alone the NHL. The first Slovene to make the Show has brought his special combination of power, speed, and skill to the rink and he never takes a night off. I knew he was special the first time I saw him play, and luckily he will be in LA for at least 5 more years.

  The combination of youthful shit disturbers, talented stars, and determined veterans thrown away by other clubs is a mix that will carry a TRUE team beyond this series and challenge for the ultimate prize. Kopitar WILL get a cup in California . Say hello to the past, present, and future of hockey in Southern California.

  Dare to be an underdog.

1 comment:

  1. Im a total chick. but I love YOU & your thoughts so I had to comment. Sports is just not my "thang"..but you are, so yippeee for the LA Kings.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think